- Click here to view prices and Book
- 09:45 - 10:00
- Introduction, Welcome and Objectives
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Background - The legal requirements - what exactly does the law require? What should be tested, and how often? Who is responsible for the testing, and who will be blamed if there is an accident?
- 11:00 - 11:15
- 11:15 - 12:30
- Electrical Appliances - What types of equipment do we have to test? Class 1 and Class 2 appliances. How to carry out a simple examination. Checking plugs, cables and fuses
- 12:30 - 1:30
- LUNCH - lunch and refreshments are provided, and included in the course fee!
- 1:30 - 2:45
- User Checks, Inspection and Testing Demonstration and hands-on practical work - testing a variety of different appliances. Important notes of safety. Avoiding damage to equipment under test
- 2:45 - 3:00
- 3:00 - 4:00
- User Checks, Inspection and Testing More practicals and demonstrations, including testing ICT equipment
- 4:00 - 4:30
- Conclusion and Final Discussion
Portable Appliance Testing Training in Reading, Berkshire
PAT Testing Expert present a one-day, certificated training course at the spectacular Reading Hilton - learn from the Experts in PAT Testing!
Electrical equipment used in the workplace needs to be safe, and the best way to check this is to PAT Test it. PAT Testing Expert run regular courses across the UK in Portable Appliance Testing. We've been teaching people to carry out PAT testing for many years, and our trainer, TIM JAMES has over 25 years experience in the business.
- Save money by testing your own (or your employer's) electrical equipment
- Offer PAT Testing as an additional service to your existing clients
- Set up your own PAT Testing business
- Make yourself more 'employable' by learning a new skill
Our courses at Reading, Berkshire, are held at the brand new, Reading Hilton hotel, offering excellent conference facilities and superb catering. Lunch and refreshments are, of course, included in the course fee!
We will provide you with all of the information you need to get started, including information on the best equipment to use and loads of valuable hints and tips to save you time. Lunch and refreshments are provided during the day, and are included in the course fee! Please note that we do limit the number of people on each date to ensure that everybody benefits. Courses often fill up - Book now to reserve your space!
For more information about the training course - visit our PAT Testing Course FAQ page
Further Information About The Course
PAT Testing Expert are the only training company to use high quality venues for our courses - we don't use poky training rooms on industrial estates, and we don't hold our courses in Travelodges either! Our events are all held in high quality hotels, with excellent facilities. All of our training rooms are large enough for the practical work, air conditioned and comfortable. Our Reading course is held at the fabulous Reading Hilton - a spectacular venue, close the the city centre, but also accessible by car - FREE car parking is available on site when you book on the course. Please also remember that our course fees INCLUDE all the tuition, handbooks and reference material (you'll take away a package of useful information) and we also include lunch and refreshments during the day.
The Reading Hilton is a few minutes in a taxi from the main railway, bus or tram stations in the city centre. Parking is available on site, and is included in the course fee. The hotel is easily accessible from Junction 11 of the M4, and there are regular buses from the city centre.
If the dates at Reading don't suit, remember we also run courses at many other locations, including Southampton, London, Cardiff, The Midlands and the South West!
You are welcome to bring your own PAT Tester with you on the day, or you can use ours! We always have a selection of industry standard PAT Testers for you to use on the day, and we can give you unbiased advice on which are the best machines to purchase.
For more details on this hotel, visit the Hilton Web Site
BOOK ONLINE TODAY and pay just £195.00 + VAT per person. Our normal price is £245.00 + VAT per person, but online bookings will automatically receive a £50.00 per person pre-payment discount. You can also claim the pre-payment discount by sending a cheque with the booking form. We can invoice you after the course (subject to status) at the normal price.
Remember that our course fee INCLUDES the course handbook (a useful guide to PAT Testing), lunch and refreshments. You won't need to buy a copy of the IET Code of Practice, unless you really want to!
If you have more than 5 people to train, you may find it cheaper to organise an in-house course (at your premises) or we can arrange a special date for you at this hotel, or another nearby. Contact us for more information.
"Very helpful course. Came here knowing nothing about PAT Testing and now have a very good understanding of what to do"
Chris Soley, Reading, July 2015
Reading PAT Testing Course
Reading CoursesHilton Reading
Other Courses Nearby
Got a Question?
It's probably answered herePAT Testing Course FAQ