- Click here to view prices and Book
- 09:45 - 10:00
- Introduction, Welcome and Objectives
- 10:00 - 11:00
- Background - The legal requirements - what exactly does the law require? What should be tested, and how often? Who is responsible for the testing, and who will be blamed if there is an accident?
- 11:00 - 11:15
- 11:15 - 12:30
- Electrical Appliances - What types of equipment do we have to test? Class 1 and Class 2 appliances. How to carry out a simple examination. Checking plugs, cables and fuses
- 12:30 - 1:30
- LUNCH - lunch and refreshments are provided, and included in the course fee!
- 1:30 - 2:45
- User Checks, Inspection and Testing Demonstration and hands-on practical work - testing a variety of different appliances. Important notes of safety. Avoiding damage to equipment under test
- 2:45 - 3:00
- 3:00 - 4:00
- User Checks, Inspection and Testing More practicals and demonstrations, including testing ICT equipment
- 4:00 - 4:30
- Conclusion and Final Discussion
Portable Appliance Testing Training in Leeds, West Yorkshire
Electrical equipment used in the workplace needs to be safe, and the best way to check this is to PAT Test it. PAT Testing Expert run regular courses across the UK in Portable Appliance Testing. We've been teaching people to carry out PAT testing for many years, and our trainer, TIM JAMES has over 28 years experience in the business. There are many good reasons to carry out PAT Testing:-
- Save money by testing your own (or your employer's) electrical equipment
- Offer PAT Testing as an additional service to your existing clients
- Set up your own PAT Testing business
- Make yourself more 'employable' by learning a new skill
We hold regular PAT Testing courses at the Leeds Hilton. The course fee includes the tuition, certificate, course manual (PAT Testing handbook) as well as lunch and refreshments!
We will provide you with all of the information you need to get started, including information on the best equipment to use and loads of valuable hints and tips to save you time. Lunch and refreshments are provided during the day, and are included in the course fee! Please note that we do limit the number of people on each date to ensure that everybody benefits. Courses often fill up - Book now to reserve your space!
PAT Testing is a very useful and valuable skill to have - and PAT Testing Expert are specialists in training!
For more information about the training course - visit our PAT Testing Course FAQ page
We cover testing of all portable appliances, including IT equipment, industrial equipment including 3 phase, power tools including 230V and 110V as well as domestic and commercial equipment.
Further Information About The Course
This is a certificated training course - you'll be able to carry out PAT Testing on your own equipment, or offer a PAT Testing service to your customers after you complete the course. No prior knowledge is required - the course starts right at the beginning. You don't need to be a qualified electrician to carry out PAT Testing.
PAT Testing Expert are the only training company to use high quality venues for our courses - we don't use poky training rooms on industrial estates, and we don't hold our courses in Travelodges either! Our events are all held in high quality hotels, with excellent facilities. All of our training rooms are large enough for the practical work, air conditioned and comfortable. The Leeds Hilton is a great venue, close to the city centre and easily accessible by car and public transport. Car parking is available on site, but is chargable - there are plenty of other car parks in the city centre. Please also remember that our course fees INCLUDE all the tuition, handbooks and reference material (you'll take away a package of useful information) and we also include lunch and refreshments during the day.
You are welcome to bring your own PAT Tester with you on the day, or you can use ours! We always have a selection of industry standard PAT Testers for you to use on the day, and we can give you unbiased advice on which are the best machines to purchase.
For more details on this hotel, visit the Hilton Web Site
BOOK ONLINE TODAY and pay just £195.00 + VAT per person. Our normal price is £245.00 + VAT per person, but online bookings will automatically receive a £50.00 per person pre-payment discount. You can also claim the pre-payment discount by sending a cheque with the booking form. We can invoice you after the course (subject to status) at the normal price.
Remember that our course fee INCLUDES the course handbook (a useful guide to PAT Testing), lunch and refreshments. You won't need to buy a copy of the IET Code of Practice, unless you really want to!
If you have more than 5 people to train, you may find it cheaper to organise an in-house course (at your premises) or we can arrange a special date for you at this hotel, or another nearby. Contact us for more information.
"I found the day very informative and easy to follow and understand."
"Highly recommend this company. I feel competent enough to start PAT Testing after just 1 day and the offer from Tim for on-going support is greatly welcomed."
Ashley Ramussen, Leeds, Sept 2014